This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP Adapter UseLoadBalancing property issue

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:41 PM
I'm using SFTP adapter in a load balanced environment. I follow the documentation provided with the SFTP installation guide in which in able to use this feature, you need to create a database named Blogical and execute the sql script to create the table named SftpWorkingProcess, and the user account used in the Host Instance has full rights to the database Blogical.

The error occurred when I set the UseLoadBalancing property to True of the receive location I made, it never picked-up the file from the SFTP site, but if I change the value of the UseLoadBalancing property to False, the file in the SFTP site is picked-up and works properly.

Here is the errors I got in my event log stack trace.

For Application, I got this error:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
Event ID: 5740
Date: 9/18/2008
Time: 10:36:36 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MSDN-W2K3R2
Description:
The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml]".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

For Blogical, I got these errors:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SFTPAdapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Description:
Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Dir
Error: Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml]

------------------------------
Information:
Type: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpException
Target: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.FileEntry] dir(System.String, System.String, Int32, System.Collections.ArrayList, Boolean)
Message: Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml]
Stacktrace:
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.dir(String fileMask, String uri, Int32 maxNumberOfFiles, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Dir(String fileMask, String uri, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)

Type: System.NullReferenceException
Target: Void CheckInFile(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stacktrace:
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.DataBaseHelper.CheckInFile(String uri, String filename, Boolean trace)
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.dir(String fileMask, String uri, Int32 maxNumberOfFiles, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Here is the other one:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SFTPAdapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Description:
Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.EndpointTask
Error: Uri:sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml

Information:
Type: System.Exception
Target:
Message: Uri:sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml
Stacktrace:

Type: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpException
Target: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.FileEntry] dir(System.String, System.String, Int32, System.Collections.ArrayList, Boolean)
Message: Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://<my sftp site address>:22/Testing/Claims/Summary/*.xml]
Stacktrace:
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.PickupFilesAndSubmit()
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.EndpointTask()

Type: System.NullReferenceException
Target: Void CheckInFile(System.String, System.String, Boolean)
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stacktrace:
at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.DataBaseHelper.CheckInFile(String uri, String filename, Boolean trace)

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2008 at 8:39 PM
Have you added the  Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp connection string to the BTSNTSvc.exe.config on all servers?
Eg:

<connectionStrings>

<add name=" Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp"

connectionString=" Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Blogical; Integrated Security=SSPI;"

providerName ="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

//Mikael
Sep 19, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. Yes I added it. Actually I find out the problem already about 5 minutes before I received this e-mail. When I am debugging the source code, I found out that it’s the user rights used by the host instance of biztalk server to the database Blogical in which I included the reader/writer database rights to my host instance user account in the SQL Server.

Now it’s working smoothly. Again thanks to your quick support. Cheers…

Melvin

Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 3:27 PM
To: Mendoza, Melvin (DHCS-OHC)
Subject: Re: SFTP Adapter UseLoadBalancing property issue [SftpAdapter:35940]

Have you added the Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp connection string to the BTSNTSvc.exe.config on all servers?
Eg:

<connectionStrings>

<add name=" Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp"

connectionString=" Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Blogical; Integrated Security=SSPI;"

providerName ="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

//Mikael

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SftpAdapter@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SftpAdapter@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Good to hear.
//Mikael