This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP for BizTalk 2006 R2?

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Hello, I recently tried to install the adapter on a cluster running BizTalk 2006 R2 and received the error: 
Failed to save adapter configuration.
Failed to create a CLSID_BizTalkPropertyBagFactory COM component installed with a BizTalk server.
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (WinMgmt)
I haven't had the same issue installing it on my non R2 installations.  Is the adapter not set up for R2?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2008 at 9:48 PM
It should work for R2. Have you read the installation instructions, there are some dll's that need to be gac'ed. When do you get the problem? Could you describe it in a litle bit more detail?
//Mikael
Jul 31, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I ran the msi on both nodes of the cluster, and when I went to add the adapter, I get the pop up window with the error described above.  I've pasted the entire details below.
If I need to gac any dll's, I assumed the installation did that.  Thanks!

===================================

Failed to save adapter configuration.
Failed to create a CLSID_BizTalkPropertyBagFactory COM component installed with a BizTalk server.
A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (WinMgmt)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
   at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)
   at System.Management.ManagementObject.Put()
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.Administration.SnapIn.Forms.Adapter.General.Store()
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework.Forms.PropertyPagesContainer.StorePage(PageFramework page)
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework.Forms.PropertyPagesContainer.StorePages()
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework.Forms.PropertyPagesContainer.Store()
   at Microsoft.BizTalk.SnapIn.Framework.Forms.SheetFramework.Store()

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2008 at 1:01 PM

I'm back from vacation, and got started by tying to install the adapter on a clean machine. I didn't have any problems. It might be easier to solve this by using Messenger. Contact me at: wmmihaa at hotmail dot com.

//Mikael

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM
After talking to Mikael, we discovered that the problem required the WMI service to be restarted.  Once the service was restarted I was able to add the adapter just fine.  Thanks Mikael!