This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Adapter error "Value cannot be null"

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Hi ,
I was trying to install the BizTalk Sftp Adapter....downloaded MSI and installed it.
In the process of creating a received SFTP adapter I get a <"Value cannot be null" Parameter name : stream > error when trying to open its "properties" (via the properties button under general section within the adapter configuration dialog).

I was wondering if there were any installation instructions?
Also there is a dependency on the SharpSsh library, as this is not strong-named one has to download the source , strong-name it and then install it into the GAC for the adapter to work correctly?
Thanks
Alistair
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM
By the way ...thanks for making this available wmmihaa, much appreciated.
alistair
Jul 31, 2008 at 2:15 PM
ok...so I've found the documentation within the released source code ....
It appears that I have done everything correctly when it comes to installing the adapter.....
What appears to be the problem is that the adapter (once installed ) fails to load the ReceiveLocation.xsd and TransmitLocation.xsd. Both these govern the properties displayed for both receive and send configurations of the adapter. They are embedded resources and are loaded (within StaticAdapterManagement.GetResource()).
At the moment I am struggling to debug this....

Does anyone have any ideas why these resx are not loading and I'm getting the <"Value cannot be null" Parameter name : stream > error ?
Thanks
alistair
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Hi,
You're on the right track, although it's not the SharpSSH library that needs to be gaced. I'm still on vaccation, and I don't have the adapter (or biztalk) installed on this machine, so I can only tell you that there are some dll's that needs to be added to the global assembly cache. I thought I added them in the setup, but I might have missed it. If so, I'd just drag every Blogical*.dll to the gac.

If you still have problems, I'll have a look at it on monday.

//Mikael (wmmihaa)
Aug 4, 2008 at 2:59 AM

Hey Mikael

Still getting the error…

The following DLL’s are GAC’ed:

·         Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Common

·         Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.Management (strong-named this and added it to the GAC myself)

·         Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.Schemas

Cheers

Alistair

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Hey Mikael

Still getting the error…

The following DLL’s are GAC’ed:

· Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Common

· Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.Management (strong-named this and added it to the GAC myself)

· Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.Schemas.

Cheers

Alistair

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Hi asbailey,

I'm back from vacation, and got started by tying to install the adapter on a clean machine. I didn't have any problems. It might be easier to solve this by using Messenger. Contact me at: wmmihaa at hotmail dot com.

//Mikael

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 8:56 PM
The adapter has no global properties, why this unforunate error shows. Try set the properties in the port transport settings instead.
May 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Hi,

I am also getting the following error when I try to open the properties of SFTP adapter through Administration console.

Error: "value cannot be not. Parameter name:Stream".

How to fix this issue. Please help me. Its very very urgent.

Rajesh

Coordinator
May 8, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Sorry to hear you having problems with the adapter. I need some more info. Get back to me when you're online //Mikael

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:27:09 -0700
Subject: Re: Adapter error "Value cannot be null" [SftpAdapter:32570]

Hi,
I am also getting the following error when I try to open the properties of SFTP adapter through Administration console.
Error: "value cannot be not. Parameter name:Stream".
How to fix this issue. Please help me. Its very very urgent.
Rajesh

Windows Live ger dig full koll på alla dina vänner - på en och samma plats.