This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP adapter + Biz010 -- Error in Log events

Aug 24, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Hello,

I am getting this error on my biztalk 2010 windows console : 

It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"An unexpected failure occurred while processing a message. The text associated with the exception is "The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique. Inaccessible logs: Security.".".

The above error means that I need to set the Evenlog in RegEdit.exe but as what ?

• Expand hives to the level of following
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EventLog\Application
  • Insert a new key to the Application hive, in this case "?"
  • Insert a new String Value called "EventMessageFile" under the "?"
  • Double click on "EventMessageFile" set Value Data as "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\EventLogMessages.dll"

Please help

• Aug 24, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Need to have the SFTPAdapter in the event log

Jun 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Edited Jun 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I had to add the BizTalk User account to the Adminstrator user accounts and that did it

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

This is only neccesary to create the event log source. After the first use of the adapter, you can remove the admin privs.