This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP adapter retrieves files to temp file before entering pipeline

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I'm using the SFTP adapter to retrieve large files for an SFTP site.  I have also created a custom pipeline to do some additional processing of the files.  It seems that the files are initially written to a temp file in the Temp folder of the profile of the account under which the BizTalk host adapter is running before the file enters the pipeline.  The problem is that this temp location is the Temp file for the account of the host which is located under Documents and Settings on the C: drive.  Our servers do not have large C: drives and the temp file is too large to fit.  Is there a way to configure the location of the temp file that is used to retrieve from the STFP server?

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Hi,

The adapter wrapps the incomming stream in a Virtual Stream.The Virtual Stream will persist its content to disk if it exceeds a 2MB size. This pattern is the same as for most other adapters. For more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547883%28BTS.20%29.aspx

HTH

//Mikael

Mar 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Thanks for the link.  Is there a way to configure the location of the where the stream is persisted to disk.  By default, it is going to the temp folder for the account under which the host instance runs.  The problem is that the temp folder is on the C: drive which does not have a large disk.  I'd like to configure it to use our E: as the location for the temp storage.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM

You can't set the location other than changing the %Temp% location environment variable

//Mikael