This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple SEND adapters hang... in a strange way...

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM

hello,

i've got a major problem with sftp adapter :/

in our scenario we have to sftp accounts going for same server ... (separate folders)

untill there was one only there were no problems with it.... worked like a charm.

now we created second port(same app) using sftp adapter... and behavior is... rather strange...

one port running.

if we put a file to rec location and it's being sent via sftp adapter ... it is ok.

running second port

if we put a file to rec location 1 & 2 for both files to be sent to folders on server... sometimes (SIC!) both of them passes ok, sometimes one sometimes .. none..

we've got such errors in the log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SFTPAdapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1005
Date:  2009-07-16
Time:  18:29:47
User:  N/A
Computer: COMPUTERNAME
Description:
Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Put
Error: Unable write file to /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT
------------------------------
Information:
Type: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpException
Target:
Message: Unable write file to /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT
Stacktrace:

Type: Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException
Target: Void put(Tamir.SharpSsh.java.io.InputStream, Tamir.SharpSsh.java.String, Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpProgressMonitor, Int32)
Message: Exception of type 'Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException' was thrown.
Stacktrace:
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(InputStream src, String dst, SftpProgressMonitor monitor, Int32 mode)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(InputStream src, String dst)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.SshTransfer.PutStream(Stream memStream, String destination)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Put(Stream memStream, String destination)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SFTPAdapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Description:
Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpTransmitterEndpoint.ProcessMessage
Error: Unable to transmit file /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT.
Inner Exception:
Unable write file to /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT
Exception of type 'Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException' was thrown.
Information:
Target: Microsoft.BizTalk.Message.Interop.IBaseMessage ProcessMessageInternal(Microsoft.BizTalk.Message.Interop.IBaseMessage, Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.ISftp)
Message: Unable to transmit file /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT.
Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException' was thrown.
Stacktrace:
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpTransmitterEndpoint.ProcessMessageInternal(IBaseMessage message, ISftp sftp)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpTransmitterEndpoint.ProcessMessage(IBaseMessage message)
Target: Void Put(System.IO.Stream, System.String)
Message: Unable write file to /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT
Stacktrace:
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Put(Stream memStream, String destination)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpTransmitterEndpoint.ProcessMessageInternal(IBaseMessage message, ISftp sftp)

Type: Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException
Target: Void put(Tamir.SharpSsh.java.io.InputStream, Tamir.SharpSsh.java.String, Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpProgressMonitor, Int32)
Message: Exception of type 'Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException' was thrown.
Stacktrace:
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(InputStream src, String dst, SftpProgressMonitor monitor, Int32 mode)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(InputStream src, String dst)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.SshTransfer.PutStream(Stream memStream, String destination)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
Event ID: 5743
Description:
The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "PortName" with URL "SFTP://XXXXXXXX:22/incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/%SourceFileName%". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"An unexpected failure occurred while processing a message. The text associated with the exception is "Unable to transmit file /incoming/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX_16_0.TXT.
Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.SftpException' was thrown.".".

any ideas where to look ?

rights @ folder currently are RWXRWXRWX, port configuration looks ok, sometimes it works...

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM

do you have any information from the ssh server log?

//Mikael

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:15 AM

currently i don't have any logs from target sftp (vacations)....

problem is strange cause if only one is working it worked for more than 2 months without any problem.

after we've added second send adapter problems begun.

how can i support you with more info ?

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I've tried to reproduce the senario, but without success. I'd need that server log... :(

There might be a connection restriction for your account. You could get around this by limit number of used connections in the biztalk config file. Please folow the documentation, or get back to me if you don't get it to work.

//Mikael

Jul 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Any updates.. did you guys got the solutions ... mine was working at one time and when I run it again it gives me the same error message.. please help...

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Are you running multiple accounts on the same server? //Mikael
Oct 13, 2010 at 7:08 PM

i am having the same issue too.. I had one send port sending to a sftp server and it was working fine. But when a new send port is added only one of the send port is able to send successfully. Basically there are two send ports routing to the same sftp server but with different accounts to two different folders. Please advise if somebody got the same problem.

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM

It sounds like you're have restrictions configured on the SSH server, such as concurrent sessions per user. You may be able to prevent this behavior by setting the ConnectionLimit to your server. Have a look in the documentation under 7.b.

HTH

//Mikael

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM

i followed the instructions from someone in this post. Since there are two user accounts pointing to two different folders in the same sftp server i used two separate hosts so that the connection pool is isolated. This worked for me. But i am worried as my company is planning to bring more sftp customers in and creating a separte host for each customer will create huge number of hosts. is there an other way.

wmmihaa..thank you for your reply....what do you mean by restrictions on the ssh server. do u mean setting teh connectin limit on the sftp server it self or is it something to be configured on the biztalk sftp adapter( i see a property called ssh connection limit on the sftp adapter properties which is 10 by default). Please advise..thank you for your time.