This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Biztalk SFTP adapter:move file to a different location on SFTP after copying

May 13, 2009 at 10:39 PM
Edited May 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Hello,

I want to use the Biztalk SFTP adapter to copy files from my SFTP server to another server.

After downloading the file from SFTP to my Biztalk server, I want to reatin a copy of it on a different location on the SFTP, so that it does not keep getting downloaded again and again.

Currently I have set the 'AfterGet' parameter as 'Rename' and 'AFterGetFIleName' as '%SourceFileName%.old'. This successfully renames the file name but I also want to move the files that are successfully downloaded to some other folder on SFTP.

Please let me know if that is possible.

May 14, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Edited May 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Hi,

I think it is possible. you may try the following options.

For eg. If I give a remote path as like "/cygdrive/d/BizTalkFTP/In/" and if I want to move the copy of file to a "old" folder  (Path:"/cygdrive/d/BizTalkFTP/In/old"), you have to give the value as "old/%SourceFileName%.old" in 'AfterGetFileName' property.

Thanks,

Raj

May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Thanks I will try that out.Also could you tell me how I can log error to event viewer when there is an issue in the adapter .Is there any way I can log errors not in the default event viewer, but in the custom Application in the event viewer.