This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP Adapter & Positional Flat File

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Hello,

I am using Blogical SFTP adapter to receive positional flat files (SAP iDOC Flat Files) from a SFTP server into BizTalk. When converting these downloaded flat files to XML I get the following error.

Reason: Unexpected data found while looking for:
'\r\n'
The current definition being parsed is idocData. The stream offset where the error occured is 524. The line number where the error occured is 1. The column where the error occured is 524.

However, the same file when I process locally on the BizTalk server, i.e. the same file but which has never been downloaded via Blogical SFTP adapter it gets converted to XML just fine. Therefore, it leads me to believe that the SFTP adapter is either changing the encoding or making some change in the contents of the file which is causing BizTalk to fail the flat file to XML conversion.

Any help on the same would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarun
Aug 5, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I believe I need a way to set Representation = Binary in the SFTP adapter since the same file works fine when downloaded through out-of-the-box FTP adapter. The FTP adapter has a property Representation with a default value "Binary" and this is what I believe is missing in the SFTP adapter. Is there any way to set it in SFTP adapter?