This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation Failure

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I hope someone can perhaps offer me some help.

I have downloaded the setup files for this adapter, and have run the though the installer. Everything seemed OK. Restarted the BizTalk host instance but unfortunately the adapter was not available for installation. I then discovered the reg file in the sources and modified the 3 file location to
point to the installed dll's in C:\Program Files\Blogical\Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp\ taking care to escape the \ chars.

Again after i restarted the host I was able to add the adapter and set up a receive location. however upon restarting the host instance i get the error below in the Application event log.

The Messaging Engine failed to create the receive adapter "SFTP".

InboundAssemblyPath: "C:\Program Files\Blogical\Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp\Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.dll"

InboundTypeName: "ICA.Clearbox.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiver"

Exception Details: "Could not load type 'ICA.Clearbox.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiver' from assembly 'Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

There are a couple of new entries in the GAC as a result of the installation.
Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Common
Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.Schemas

Can anybody shed any light on what went wrong.

Thanks

Garry

Coordinator
May 3, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Hi,
you should not need to run the reg file. I'm not sure it's accually correct anymore. I don't know what when wrong, but we've had users who didn't know they had to add the adapter through the BizTalk Admin console. Did you try that the first time, before running the reg file? I'd try to uninstall/install, to give it another try.

//Mikael
May 4, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Uninstalled, removed reg keys, reinstalled, added adapter, and now all seems to be OK with the exception of  the error below. One for our Firewall team I would guess.

Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Dir

Error: Unable to connect to Sftp host

Thanks Again for your help

Garry

Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM
I've written an article about troubleshooting the adapter that I think might help you out:
http://blogical.se/blogs/mikael/archive/2008/03/05/biztalk-sftp-adapter-troubleshooting.aspx

//Mikael