This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Day light savings effect on SFTP receive locations

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Hi,

we are using BLogical SFTP adapter on the existing environments of BizTalk 2006R2. Could you please let me know if Day Light Savings are automatically reflected in the polling times?
i.e; if the original polling time in 5 PM and post the DST changes, the time is 6 PM, would the polling automatically happen at 6 PM or should the polling window be manually changed in the SFTP receive location configuration. Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Ujjwal
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM
This article may assist you in testing:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387
I suggest that you do this testing in a test environment, preferably in a virtual machine where you easily can undo and redo any changes made.
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM
(Edited)
I've looked into things a little more deeply now.
The time you set is in local time but behind the scenes, the Microsoft.BizTalk.Scheduler.TaskTrigger actually calculates the time span to the next event in milliseconds. The DateTime class used by Microsoft.BizTalk.Scheduler (and thus our code) isn't aware of DST, so calculating the difference between now and the same time the next day always yields 86,400,000 milliseconds.
This means that in your case it will always be exactly 24 hours between polls, or, stated differently, the polling time will be the same time every day in UTC time.

Did that make sense?
Really good question by the way, I didn't know this was the case before I looked into it! Thanks!

/Peter