This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple send ports

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I have set up multiple send ports to the same IP for sending files, the only difference is the key file, the password for this file and the username.
What happens now is I send through a file to userA which has one send port, and everything works as expected. The file arrives and all is ok. But when I send through file 2 using userB and the send port configured to this user the file ends up in userA's location. this is of course wrong.

After that I delete the hostkey from the SftpHostFiles.config, restart the host and try again. But this time I am reversing it. I first send a file to UserB and it's send port, the file ends up at userB's location at the SFP server, and I the send a file through UserA's send port and this file also end up at UserB's location. Also wrong.

What can I do to change this behaviour? And what is that determines the hostKey in the SftpHostFiles.config file?
Is this configuration even possible? Do I need to use the same username and key file for each host for this SFTP adapter to work?
Hope someone can help me with this setup as my customer is eagerly awaiting the result.
May 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Interesting. We had similar issue but thought it was timing. We have two BizTalk servers and avoided the issue by having the two send ports run on the different BizTalk servers. I did not try this but what if you used different server names that you force to resolve to the same IP in the windows hosts file although this may alter the key.
Jun 9, 2015 at 8:05 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2015 at 8:07 AM
The same issue was reported again in a recent thread (see the link in my reply) and am not sure if it has been fixed. The issue is due to connection pool cache being keyed on only on the host name.See here for more details.

As a workaround we ran the two send ports under different host instances.