This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Send port not sending messages

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:24 PM
Hi,

We have been using the Blogical SFTP adapter for a few months. So far, it has worked great but lately, we have encountered a small problem. The problem is that sometimes, the send port stops sending the messages. When this happens, the messages are queued in the send port but are never sent. No errors are written to the event viewer, the send port is still marked as active and the messages queued in the send port are also marked as active. If we restart the host running the send port, the messages are sent normally.

Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Marc-Étienne Lucas

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 7:57 AM
I've had this reported from one other source as well. In that case it happens rarely (we are talking 0,1% or less) and in conjuction with large files (upwards of 500MB) towards a specific server .

It still feels highly related since the behavior you describe is the same, some file "stops" as active, and the ones that come behind are queued up. If the active send is suspended (or terminated) the other sends go through fine. The specific file that stopped also goes through fine if the host is restarted or the file is sent again, so the problem is not based on the look or size of specific files.

Do you have any more details to offer that might help us track this down? I'll be looking into this, but as always with non-reproducable errors it can be tricky finding...
Nov 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have much more details but here is what I can give you :
- The problem always occurs with the same server
- The problem usually occurs after transfering a large number of files in a relatively short amount of time. Something like 5000 files in an hour.
- The files that are transfered are very small: between 1 and 5 kb
- The problem occured about 15 times over the last 4 months. During this time, we transfered some 750000 files using the adapter.
- Many other applications have had trouble connecting to the server on which the problem occurs

As I see it, the problem might be related to a specific condition on the server since we use the adapter to transfer the same files to other servers and we have only seen the problem with one server.

I hope this helps.