This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Does Blogical support Send-Ack?

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I am using the SFTP adapter since several weeks now to move a gig-file. It works great.

But I'd like to have a delivery-notification and this seems not to work.

I set the AckRequired-Flag in a pipeline-component. This pipeline is used by all sendports in my sendportgroup. One of this ports is my SFTP-port. All ports send an acknowledgement, but not the SFTP-port.

I subscribe to the ack-message over direct bound receive port in orchestration. Works fine for all ports except Blogical SFTP. Works also fine, when I change the send adapter of the port from SFTP to FILE.

Is there something special in Blogical SFTP adapter concerning acknowledgements?

Thank you.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Folks, I cannot believe that no one uses acknoledgements with this adapter?!

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Hi Dekstar,

I thought you need to just make sure the sftp send port is enabled for delivery notification. I have not tried this myself but I believe it should work.

Regards,

lyf

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM

As I mentioned, I enable delivery notification via pipeline-component setting AckRequired-flag. Other ports using the same pipeline component then send back notification. It seems like the Blogical-adapter does not support acknowlegements.

Does anyone have experiences on that? 

May 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Have you tried setting in the Orchestration itself? If yours is a messaging-only solution then there is no other option but to set in the pipeline. But you can try to create an orchestration to see if it works. Unfortunately the developer of this adapter is no longer actively supporting it so theres no quick solution available.

May 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Sorry for comming late into this discussion. This is actually a very good point, which I'm embaresed to admit, I never even though of...

I'm not sure how ACKS/NACKS are expected to be handled from from BizTalk.  The ProcessMessage method in the transmit endpoint class lets us return an IBaseMessage. This is generally used for request/response messages, but perhaps I could return an "ACK/NACK" message.

I'll try to get in touch with the product team to shine some light on this.

If you don't hear from me, you can reach me at wmmihha [at] hot mail [dot] com (both mail and IM)

//Mikael

May 18, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I have actually implemented delivery notification within my orchestration and can attest that it is working. In fact I am using a custom send pipeline and if any failure encountered in the pipeline, my orchestration will catch it as delivery failure also.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Now I am confused, because it's working some day, the other day not. The process is nearly the same.