This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SFTP Server "User Authentication Banner"

Jul 7, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Hi,

Any help with the below would be greatly appreciated.

I am testing a new application using the SFTP adapter. I already have two applications that use the adapter without issue but the new server I am trying to connect to generates a "User Authentication Banner" which pops up during the authentication process and seems to hold up the connection. Biztalk is returning an unable to get directory listing error. I believe this is because of the popup banner.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    SFTPAdapter
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    1002
Date:        05/07/2011
Time:        16:14:14
User:        N/A
Computer:    MyServer
Description:
Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Dir
Error: Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://servername:22]

------------------------------
Information:
Type: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpException
Target: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.FileEntry] dir(System.String, System.String, Int32, System.Collections.ArrayList, Boolean)
Message: Unable to perform directory list at [sftp://servername:22]
Stacktrace:
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.dir(String fileMask, String uri, Int32 maxNumberOfFiles, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.Dir(String fileMask, String uri, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)

------------------------------
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Target: System.String GetConnectionString()
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stacktrace:
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.DataBaseHelper.GetConnectionString()
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.DataBaseHelper.CheckInFile(String uri, String filename, Boolean trace)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.dir(String fileMask, String uri, Int32 maxNumberOfFiles, ArrayList filesInProcess, Boolean trace)

Using Tunnlier and delaying closing the pop up gave me the following:

17:53:49.049 Starting a new SSH2 session.
17:53:49.049 Connecting to SSH2 server servername:22.
17:53:49.049 Connected.
17:53:49.049 Starting first key exchange.
17:53:49.049 Server version string: SSH-2.0-WS_FTP-SSH_7.5.1
17:53:49.049 New host key received. Algorithm: ssh-rsa, Size: 1024 bits, MD5 Fingerprint: [value], Bubble-Babble: [value].
17:53:49.049 First key exchange completed.
17:53:49.049 Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption: aes256-cbc, MAC: hmac-sha1, compression: none.
17:53:49.049 Attempting 'password' authentication.
17:53:49.049 User authentication banner received from the server.

18:00:46.046 Authentication completed.
18:00:46.046 Opening SFTP session.
18:00:46.046 Auto opening SFTP session.
18:00:46.046 Auto opening xterm terminal session.
18:00:46.046 Server does not support xterm terminal.
18:00:46.046 Closing xterm terminal session.

As far as I can see, authentication doesn't complete until the banner is closed. The directory listing only occurs after this banner is gone. Within Tunnlier I was able to deselect an option "Show user authentication banner automatically" which allows the authentication to complete and show a directory listing. However the banner still exists, it is just auto closed now. Is there a similar setting I can set for the adapter?

Thanks,
Fiona