This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Overwrite option for send port

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hello all,

Any possibility of adding a parameter in the send port to allow overwriting the file if it exists?  If not, would there be a way (or is there a way) to use the SFTP adapter to delete the file (if it exists and I have permission) and then allow me to send the file.

Thanks,

John

PS:  Not sure the protocol here.  I added a bug in the issue tracker about removing temp filename and directory from an existing send port.

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Hi John,

It is of course possible to make such a change (and I think it's a good idea), however I haven't got time to do it now. If you're willing to do it yourself, I'd be happy to assist you.

//Mikael

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Mikael,

Ok.  We will see how much of an issue that is.  What about fixing the temp clearing bug?  Will you have time to fix that anytime soon?

John

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM

I'll try to have a look at it. The problem is I don't have access to a sftp server as it is. Not a big thing to install, but still, - has to be done...

//Mikael

Apr 9, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Mikael,

I found the work around it to use a space.  Also, I have added datetime to the code and changed some validation (to trim before doing the null/empty check for required check.  Can I send you my changes for 1.3.4?

John

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Great news. Send it to wmmihaa at hotmail dot com. Please include a note of what you've done.

Thanks

//Mikael

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Hi guys,

I was reading the above post and was wondering if there is a parameter for overwriting file, if file already exists, in the send port?

Does the fix exist already and has this been checked in? Also does it exist in the latest version of Blogical SFTP adapter 1.4.0?

If not, does anybody have the source code for this change? could you attach the fix here?

Thanks.

Regards,

hwpor