This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Messaging instance stays active

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Hello,

we use sftp adapter in a send port, sending files to remote sftp server, with temp file name and temp folder.

With small files, everything works great, but with big files (~700 Mb), messaging instance stays active in BizTalk MessageBox, with no message in it.

Actually the message is transferred and renamed as expected, but messaging instance doesn't stop.

Is it a known bug, or resolved in latest version?

Thanks for your help,

PierreH

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

This is strange, and I've never seen it before, but then I don't usually work with 700Mb files ;)

The weird thing is that the message get transmitted. I think you need to debug it in order to see what happeneds. I'd sugest you start looking at the ProcessMessage method in the SftpTransmitterEndpoint clasee ( \Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp\SftpTransmitterEndpoint.cs)

What  version are you running now?

//Mikael

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Thanks Mikael,

I'll try to debug asap, but I'm busy on other projects right now. As I said, transmission works, bur remaining empty running instances make production guys not very happy...

We run the 1.3.4 version on a BT2006 R2 sp1.

PierreH 

Coordinator
Apr 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I understand the concern. Let me know. If you're in a hurry contact me through my blog (mail or IM) http://blogical.se/blogs/mikael

//Mikael

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hello Mikael,

We found out the instance stays active because we chose "Ordered delivery" on the "Transport Advanced Options" tab of the SFTP Sendport.

Kind regards,
KatrienVH