This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error in sftp adapter calling

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Hi,

I am using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 on Windows XP SP2.
I have installed Codeplex SFTP adapter and created send and receive handler for it. when I click on properties, I got below error:

"Value cannot be null. Parameter name: stream"

My scenario is that, I want to download file from FTP site from my local IIS server. I have created FTP site on my local IIS Server and configure receive location to get file from the site.  Following are the configurations:

FTP site name is "SFTP_VD" having folder "FileIn" that contain text file name "SimpleFile.txt"

Receive Location Properties:

File Mask           :     SimpleFile.txt

SSH host            :     localhost

SSH Port            :     21

SSH Remote Path     :     /sftp_vd/FileIn/        (this is FTP site path for file Input)

SSH User            :     adnan                   (SSO user name)

SSO Affiliate       :     Biz                     (SSO Application Name)

When I hit my service I got following error:

Method: Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.EndpointTask
Error: Uri:D:/Clients/SFTP_RND_Practice/Services/SFTPPractice/SFTPPractice/FileIn/SimpleFile.txt

------------------------------
Information:
Type: System.Exception
Target:
Message: Uri:D:/Clients/SFTP_RND_Practice/Services/SFTPPractice/SFTPPractice/FileIn/SimpleFile.txt
Stacktrace:

Type: System.Exception
Target: Void connect(Boolean)
Stacktrace:
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.PickupFilesAndSubmit()
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SftpReceiverEndpoint.EndpointTask()

Type: Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.JSchException
Target: Void connect(Int32)
Message: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:22
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.java.net.Socket..ctor(String host, Int32 port)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.Util.createSocket(String host, Int32 port, Int32 timeout)
Stacktrace:
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.jsch.Session.connect(Int32 connectTimeout)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.SshBase.ConnectSession(Int32 tcpPort)
   at Tamir.SharpSsh.SshBase.Connect(Int32 tcpPort)
   at Blogical.Shared.Adapters.Sftp.SharpSsh.Sftp.connect(Boolean force)

Please respond I need help here.

Earliest help will be very appreciated.

Regards,

Adnan Iqbal

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Default properties (receive or send handler config) was never implemented in the adapter. You can only config the adapter on the port level.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

//Mikael

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Hi Mikael,

First of all thanks to reply from you site. Resolution which you mentioned, i could not able to understand. there are some reason behind it:

1) properties which i mentioned previously for "Receive Location":

Receive Location Properties:

File Mask           :     SimpleFile.txt

SSH host            :     localhost

SSH Port            :     22

SSH Remote Path     :     /sftp_vd/FileIn/        (this is FTP site path for file Input)

SSH User            :     adnan                   (SSO user name)

SSO Affiliate       :     Biz                     (SSO Application Name)

can u guide me in details that what properties i need to set for receive and send locations in case of SFTP adapter.

I have been facing real problem in this thread for last 1 week. please guide me in details about properties which i have to set(Receive/Response) because it is my first attempt to use CodePlex SFTP adapter.

your prompt response in this regards will be highly appreciable for me.

Regards,

Adnan Iqbal

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I think what you're looking for is an FTPs adapter. not SFTP as that is not supported by IIS.

For more information: http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2008/02/03/what-kind-of-ftp-did-you-say-you-used.aspx

HTH

//Mikael

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Hi Mikael,

I have to use SFTP adapter which is provided by CodePlex.  As i mentioned earlier that it is my first attempt to use this adapter.  Still i am not able to run my first project though CodePlex SFTP adapter.

i wanted to know from your site that what properties i need to set for Receive/Response locations at BizTalk end for SFTP. 

I developed simple BizTalk service and have two location for "FileIn" and "FileOut".  i need to configure for both Receive/Response Location through CodePlex SFTP adapter. I need that configuration.

Now, i think you are able to understand my requirement.

looking forward to get quick response from your site.

your prompt response will be highly appreciable for me.

Thanks for Co-operation.

Regards,

Adnan Iqbal

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Hi Adnan,

You said:

"I have created FTP site on my local IIS Server and configure receive location to get file from the site.  Following are the configurations: FTP site name is "SFTP_VD" having folder "FileIn" that contain text file name "SimpleFile.txt"

You can't connect to an FTP server using the SFTP adapter. You can only use it with SFTP server, it a very different protocol. If you need to use SFTP you need to install a SFTP/SSH server. If you're on a Windows environment i recommend WinSSHd from bitvise (http://www.bitvise.com/winsshd) or OpenSSH (http://www.openssh.com/).

//Mikael

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Hi Mikael,

I have used WinSCP and FreeSSHD client tools to use SFTP and i have successfully transfer file through it.
Porblem with me is that when i created BizTalk service for testing my scenario by using SFTP adapter so i could not able to transfer file.

I mentioned earlier that please guide me what properties i need to be set on Receive/Response locations at bizTalk end for SFTP.  My purpose is to transfer simple text file from "FileIn" to "FileOut" folder.

I will appreciate if you guide me in details.

Regards,
Adnan Iqbal